Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Anand
To ensure you that enlisting this place is not a mere “hail-India-mission”, we are obliged to mention that the site is a major attraction for tourists and visitors that flock to Anand district. The complex provides ample of pleasantries for sightseeing.
Location of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial AnandThe memorial is located in Karamsad town in Anand district which is the hometown of Sardar Patel. The Memorial premise covers an area of 7 acres. The plot level is raised to about 7 feet above the ground so that the Memorial dominates the landscape. In, fact the main octagonal building is erected at a distance from the entrance to create a lush garden and velvety foliage making the landscape look more in tune with nature’s bounty.
The exterior of the structure is made of sandstone and is in the shape of an octagon. The Central Bhawan or the hall is encircled by verandahs serve as open space for formal functions and group interactions, as the building is frequently used for cultural festivals.
Why Visit Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Anand
- If you want to know more about the Ironman of India’s History
- If you want to feel proud to be an Indian, or if you are not an Indian, still a visit to the Memorial is a must to know who the man of the soil was!
- To see the Bharat Ratna, Sardar Patel was Awarded
Attractions at Sardar Patel Memorial
- Though, it is a newly constructed building yet it is quite historic in that the building brings alive the life and times of Sardar Patel India’s Ironman.
- The ideals of Sardar Patel and Veer Vithalbhai are the nucleus that dominates the conception of this building.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Veer Vithalbhai Patel Memorial feature the Bharat Ratna the most respected and touted honor awarded by the Government of India.
- The memorial also has other precious and personal belongings of India’s first home-minister and deputy prime minister. His personal belongings and lots of portraits and pictures create a historic aura.
- The Central hall has an Amphitheater with seating arrangement. This section can accommodate about 100 people at a time. The central hall of this state of the art complex is frequently used for cultural festivals.
- This Memorial located in Karamsad has a
famous photo gallery, a library surrounded with a beautiful garden. The
walls of the complex are adorned with many photos, picture and banners
of Sardar Patel and Vithalbhai Patel depicting their life and living
How to Reach Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Anand
Visitor Friendly Features: It’s a perfect place to go with friends or family spend some good time-
- There is no entry fee
- You can click pictures and capture videos
- And in the process learn a lot about the history of the country
- Washroom facility is available
A visit to the Memorial of Sardar Patel, India’s most beloved and respected leaders, awaits you in Anand when you go touring in Gujarat!