Localities in Anand
Famous Localities in Anand
Let’s begin the Excursion!
Karamsad Locality near Anand
Karamsad town is home to an ever growing number of NRI (Non Residential Indians) who have also contributed in the development of the region by financing and supporting several institutes in the area. Apart from the NRIs, the local farmers also have been an instrumental sect of the society of Karamsad. The soil of the region is fertile. The main crop of the region is tobacco, apart from potato.
Attractions in Karamsad:
- Sardar Patel Memorial is located in Karamsad.
- The town is filled with several shopping malls and traditional market catering to all your everyday necessities and lifestyle luxuries.
Facts about Karamsad:
- Vadodara airport is only 41 km from Karamsad.
- Karamsad is a part of a region called “chah gram” (six villages).
- While in town, you would notice a constant smells that of tobacco very much like it oozes through an empty cigarette packet.
Vallabh Vidya Nagar or VV Nagar Locality in Anand
Home to the Charotar Vidyapeeth, the suburb is no less than an educational hub in Anand with several prominent universities and educational institutes scattered all over the region. Sardar Patel University (SPU) is the focal educational institute in the town, in fact the university and town itself owes its name to the iron man of Indian history, Sardar Vallabhhai Patel.
As the name suggests, the VV Nagar is dedicated to the field of education including primary to higher via schools, colleges and other institutes. Education imparted in this village covers all the disciplines including arts, science, medicine, commerce, mathematics, mechanics, natural sciences, social sciences, linguistics and fine arts, etc.
Attraction of VV Nagar
VV Nagar has a number of malls and shopping centers and traditional markets that will surely keep the shopping bug in you satiated. You can go splurge at – Mota Bazar, D Mart, Shubh Lakshmi Center, Gram Patel Municipal market etc.
Interesting Facts about VV Nagar
With lots of high voltage after dark entertainment options, Karamsad is quite a place to enjoy.
- There are 80 species of trees. In fact the small suburb has more trees than in the entire State of Gujarat.
- The average literacy rate of VV Nagar is 83% which is higher than the national average that is 59.5%.
Petlad Locality in Anand
With several hotels and resorts, Petlad is a modern suburb with all the facilities including communication, transport, medicine and education. In the field of religion also, Petlad hold a center stage. There are many temples, and shrines in the town not forgetting the major attraction Ranchhodrai Temple and Sainath Temple.
Major Attractions in Petlad
- Ranchhodrai Temple in Dakor near Petlad is the major draw for tourist and pilgrims in the region.
- Petlad offers an adrenaline filled fun and exciting nightlife. Adventurous safaris and sports are another attraction in Petlad.
- The shopping scene at Petlad is one of the most exciting in all of Anand. With several supermarkets, malls and marts and traditional bazaars and haats, shopping is the most fun filled experience in Petlad.
Facts about Petlad
- Petlad is essentially an industrial town.
- The town is least explored through the point of tourism.
- The town has no dearth of adventure and entertainment.
- Shopping in Petlad and in many parts of Gujarat is wrongly pronounced as “shoping”.