Location of Gyan Baug
The Spiritual Gyan Baug
Gyan Baug radiates with divine vibrations and spiritual peace owing to Bhagawan Swaminarayan this place is devoted to. Flourishing an awe inspiring heritage of art, and culture of Swaminarayan Fellowship, this Baug is a unique place. Strewn with paintings based on life and ethics of Lord Swaminarayan, the place radiates with a unique charm. The place offers a pretty nice outdoor excursion to explore when you are in Anand.
Visitors believe that this place fills your mind, heart and soul with divine peace and tranquility. When you are in Anand, it is a must visit place and very well recommended by our team.
Attractions in Gyan Baug
Mural Paintings: The mural paintings lacing the walls of the premises in the Jnan Baug are an eye catching sight. These painting memorialize the life and teachings of Swaminarayan. Gyan Baug stands as a memorial to the Swami with vivid pictorial depictions.
Mango Orchards: The sacred ground of Gyan Baug offers the cool serenity by the mango orchards. In fact the mango orchard sprinkles a fruity aroma in the atmosphere making it quite spellbinding.
Religious Prominence of Gyan Baug, Vadtal Dham
The Baug arched preserves the 12 stone monuments that commemorate the meeting sessions of the Swami with his devotees on profound matters of religion. Ever since, Gyan Baug or “bethak” or “baithak” (meeting ground, parlor) is used for spiritual discussions from the very times of Bhagwan Swaminarayan himself. Here the Lord had swung on a swing. The stone is preserves the the garden precinct ever since. In the lake there is a shelter, and near it is the canopy that exists till date.
The place is quite significant and revered as it offers:
- Divine Spots for Darshan in Gyan Baug
- Holi, the festival of colors is celebrated with great enthusiasm here.
- The place also serves as a crematorium for great saints and disciples of Lord Swaminarayan.
- The well in this baug is the only live well to date in Vadtal Dham.
- Swami ji used to sit under a mango tree in the orchard and preached and delivered sermons from Vachanamrit to his disciples and devotees.
- The baithak stone is also considered sacred as the Swami himself used to sit there among his devotees and disciples.
Festivities in Gyan Baug
Why Visit Gyan Baug
If you are religious or spiritual and feel like taking a break from all the worldly matters, being a part of peaceful set-up, Gyan Baug is a place for you. You can be here to have some really good time as,
- A visit to Gyan Baug is a beautiful outdoor excavation away from the humming noise of city life. It’s a perfect site for those with spiritual and religious inclinations. Those looking for a calm and leisure outdoor activity can definitely check this place out.
- It’s a sacred place and is quite busy during all times of the day. It’s amusing to see a mix of various people loosening themselves a bit to get into the religious mode.
- There are several picturesque spots which you will want to click in your camera. Its can serve as a delightful outing for photo buffs.
- The snacks you will get near the garden area are quite mouthwatering. Do make sure you taste some.
How to Visit Vadtal from Anand
Nearest Cities are Vadtal, Anand and Chikhodra.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0